Saturday 8 November 2008

yes, i'm still alive!

ok, apologies to all those who are using my blog posts to assure themselves that i'm still ok - I've been travelling through some seriously small villages and remote areas and also doing some long days. The Spanish camino is so totally different from the French road that it doesn't even feel like the same trip. I'm currently in Fromista, about 40kms into the Meseta, an endless rolling plateau between Burgos and Leon that goes for 200kms. There's nothing, and I mean nothing, out here but the tilled fields and the occasional tree. It's mind-blowingly beautiful. I'm walking with two French guys, Jerome and Eric, at the moment.After a long time (almost 6 weeks) of walking solo it's nice to share the day with people. I have many many stories to tell (like Playschool!) but there are no bears here... sorry, a joke for the Australians... Anyway, we have 20kms to go and I'll write more another time. Suffice to say that the last 2 weeks has been incredible and this road is much more than I expected or could have believed. I promise there'll be more soon, until then, much love and many hugs to all.