Monday 27 October 2008

first impressions of Spain

I went through Pamplona today. It's the city where they do the running of the bulls in July. It's gorgeous and wonderfully Spanish. I settled myself in a tapas bar and ordered some food and a glass of local wine. I could easily have stayed there all day. I didn't mind French food, and I loved some of it, but it's clear that Spain and I are going to get along well, gastronomically speaking. It's raining now and the forecast is for snow... yes, snow. We'll wait and see on that one, but it could be a COLD few days. I'm getting used to the new times here - things close at different times to France and most of the albegues lock the doors at 10pm. Since dinner doesn't start here until 8:30 that might be a problem if I go out!

My Spanish is improving (from zero to a few words classifies as an improvement) and it's great fun to try out things I learn. I guess the only way is up, since I'm totally crap now.

Alright, enough blogging, time is running out and I'm out of 1 euro coins!